Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Creating/Designing my Magazine Advert

Similar to the digipak, to begin designing my magazine advert, we first had to take photo's that we could use which would work with our style of genre. Therefore, we decided to have a black background and make sure I was dressed in dark, alternative clothing which would conform to the conventions of Indie Pop.

Here were some potential shots I was thinking of using for the Magazine Advert:




 
 
In the end, however, I chose to use this particular image:

 
 

I chose this image as I felt like it best suited our genre. I used a close up shot for my digipak front cover, therefore I wanted to use a long-body shot for my magazine advert, and this was the shot I felt best linked with our music video. I felt this image would allow me to work best with font and text too, as there is a lot of space surrounding the artist.

One of the strongest conventions of Indie Pop is the use of black and white, therefore I designed my magazine advert both in colour, and then in black and white


However, I decided I preferred the coloured version. I felt that the black and white version was too plan, and that having the colour brung more of a focus to the main artist, as I felt like in the black and white the focus on the artist became lost, and the text was what stood out the most.

This is my final Magazine Advert:


I wanted to make the album name stand out, and so I changed the angles of each letter to add effect to the font, and contrast it with the simpler font below.

I made sure to use the same font's that I used in my digipak, to maintain a sense of style. I also used the same colour scheme for this reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment